By Zhe Scott, The SEO Queen
Hello my name is Zhe Scott, The SEO Queen. As a single mom, I am always looking for viable streams of income to add to my portfolio. In addition, I am always looking for channels where I can share my value proposition and get more visibility, and more customers. I am a digital marketing professional. I am a Google Adwords Pro, and Hubspot Certified Inbound Marketer. I have helped over 200 business dominate Google Page 1, and those companies have made millions.
I grew one company from $0 to $500,000 in annual recurring revenue in two years using the power of search engine optimization and social media marketing. In my professional life, I have found that optimizing a website for Google, and now Amazon.com is very profitable. I know from experience that digital marketing is the missing piece in most businesses. Fortune 500 companies are slowly moving away from traditional advertising to allocate more resources to mobile and digital marketing due to the proliferation of mobile devices. As a stay at home mom, using digital marketing to raise awareness of your hair care products can lead to the financial income that you dream of to create the lifestyle that you dream of for you and your children.
Because you are a single mom does not mean that you can’t be a stay at home, an independent entrepreneur, CEO, or business owner.
There are over 1.2 trillion searches on Google’s search engine annually. There are millions of people who search for hair products of all types on both Google and Amazon.com. Did you know that 44% of all customers start their search to purchase a product on Amazon? As a single mom, this is powerful information that you can leverage into additional income. This article is going to share 10 free ways you can market your product online to increase your visibility and drive sales.
- Pinterest: This is a great social networking site for a few reasons. The average income on this site is higher than Facebook, and most people pin items with the intention of future purchase. Using the power of high quality images, you can drive engagement with your brand. Pinterest is also great because Google views pins of your website pages as backlinks and social signals. This is great news considering that high quality backlinks are critical for long term keyword ranking stability.
- Keyword Research: It is very important to use the words that your best customers are using to find your products everywhere. You can go to tools like Google’s Keyword Planner to get an idea of what phrases have demand. Once you identify those phrases, use them in your content online, your meta tags, file descriptions and more.
- Facebook: Facebook is powerful because it is the biggest social network on the planet. You have to go where the people are. If you are having a sale, create a Facebook event. If you are having a trunk show, create a Facebook event. If you have a website launch: create a Facebook event. Share that event in Facebook Groups. Build relationships with people in Groups, and like and comment their content before you start sharing yours like crazy. Manners and consideration is very important. Please make sure that you have your Facebook business page completely filled out, using the keywords that you discovered in your keyword research. Finally, please do not forget to share your business events, news, and products on your personal profile.
- YouTube Videos: It takes 6 touches for a potential customer to just be aware that your company/brand exists. This is why you should employ as many tactics as you can to speed up this awareness process. Video is a powerful and effect medium to share information about your products. Only 9% of all small business owners leverage video to promote their products and services. This is a great opportunity for you to shine and stand out from the crowd!
- Instagram: Go to hashtagify.me and find the popular hashtags that support your keyword research. Once you have those hashtags, post engaging images. Please note that images of faces have much more engagement than images with no human faces. I like to max out my Instagram posting text and use 11 related hashtags. I have found that this average 1-3 new followers at a minimum per post. Once you find your best hashtags, use #followme as your 11th’ hashtag on your post. Instagram character limit for posts is 2,200 characters.
- Eventbrite: Create an event for your virtual event. You event can be a webinar, product launch, or your website launch. You can leverage this event ticket platform to drive your visibility, gain a backlink, and create more visibility for your website. Eventbrite also has a search engine anytime people are searching in your category your event will come up. This is awesome!
- BlogTalkRadio: Blog Talk is a podcasting platform that is a great source of backlinks. You can create a backlink using their WSYWIG editor for the show description. You can create a show around any related theme to your products and promote them within your show format, podcast episode description, and interact with other related shows on blog talk. This website allows you to comment from your Facebook page. I also like to download the audio from a podcast and create a YouTube video from the content. I would post that “Audio” video to your YouTube channel using images as a slide show. This is a great way to build engagement with your brand and create backlinks and social signals to your website.
- SlideShare: This social network is a part of LinkedIn, which is now owned by Microsoft. You can create a PowerPoint of your products and promote that presentation on this site. This is a great way to create referral traffic and a backlink to your site.
- Press Release: Online Press Releases are great! They add credibility and visibility to your brand. There are many press release sites, however the one that I really like is prlog.org. You can post for free on this website. You can get more visibility once you post by surfing the site. I have done this and I have gotten great visibility for my website.
- Google+ Business Page: Please post of your website pages, YouTube videos, and Facebook content on your Google+ Business Page. Anything you post on Google+ will be included in Google Page 1 results for anyone following you on social media. This feature is very important to leverage. In addition to that visibility, the social signals help to boost your keyword rankings. The higher you rank for keywords that people are searching for, the more free website traffic your website will get.In conclusion, Black women spend billions of dollars on their hair products annually. These women are searching for you online! Go to where they are. Share your wonderful products with them. You will not be disappointed!If this article has helped you. Please connect with me on Instagram at @ladyzhe, Facebook.com/groups/theseoqueen, or facebook.com/theseoqueen. If you want even more marketing tactics you can download my FREE Ebook: 101 Ways to Improve Your Marketing and Sales by visiting my website here: www.theseoqueen.net/contact-seo-queen